CEBC : The Voice of European Building Control!
"Our mission is to provide expertise on building control systems to state level and Europe level"
CEBC is an international non-profit-making organisation called the “Consortium of European Building Control” represented by a board of directors.
CEBC is composed of member organisations (members) representing different European countries and associated non-European countries from both public and private sectors. Members are involved in building control or in the development of appropriate legislation and standards associated with health, safety, accessibility, energy conservation and sustainability aspects of the built environment and include professional organisations, government bodies or a comparable agency.
Our aim is to promote and contribute to improving safety and sustainability of the built environment and to promote modern building control systems, which are efficient and business friendly at the same time.
We continuously collect information on building control systems and analyse, evaluate and compare them with a view to systemise best practice models of building control. We monitor new trends in building practices and of construction products and collect relevant experiences. We disseminate our findings in CEBC “Building Control Reports”.
Our Strategic Activities
Our current strategic activities include:
- Collecting and collating information on current systems of building control and methods of delivery
Currently we are:
- reviewing and updating our current report “Building Control Systems in Europe”
- reviewing and updating our current report “Value of Building Control”
- undertaking an exercise on mapping the competencies required for building control professionals across Europe and a report will shortly be published
- publishing an Annual Report detailing our activities over the past 12 months
- Monitoring the environment and new trends
- Disseminating our expertise, including reviewing and updating internal and external CEBC methods of communication and the publication of an Annual Report detailing our activities over the past 12 months.